Del Sol w/ H22A swap. Need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eodtech72

New owner of a '94 Del Sol with JDM 92-95 H22A/tranny/ecu swap. It runs very good and I have no codes. The problem I can't figure out is: when driving and I let off the throttle and press in clutch/go to neutral the rpm's will sometimes stick at around 2k for 10 seconds or so then all of a sudden drop to almost stall (but never does) then searches for 10-15 seconds for idle then idles fine at 700 rpm's again. It doesn't do it all the time but often. I'd appreciate any ideas you have. I took off the IAC, Fast idle solenoid and throttle body to clean everything and tighten the fast idle white cap and made sure it worked with a lighter.

I'm leaning towards IAC being done. Let 'em rip......

If that's it I'll change it tomorrow. Are the symtoms I am having common to the IM gasket needing to be replaced or leaking?

Thanks for the response....

I checked/adjusted the throttle cable and that wasn't the problem. I found that the IAB is not functioning, is it required for this swap? I have a rock solid idle so vacuum leaks would seem unlikely to me. Anyone else have any ideas? If the IAC valve is sticking could it cause this rpm "hang"? Thanks for any input......

I would check the intake manifold first to make shure there are no leaks, check to make shure your throllte body is closing all the way. ********Did you lube your throttle cable? use the factory one? sometimes when reinstalling your throttle cable it will sometime strech until it its broken in. Check your IAC, to me it sounds like a leak of your TP is not closing all the way.

Back