Dell POS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGProject

YEEEEAAHHHHH
Somehow I saw this comming. Dell is known for shitty stuff, but when I got a laptop as part of the MCE program at URI, I guess I didn't want to pass it up.

Surfin the web last night, listening to some music when the system flat-out crashes. Blue screen of death..
..System has shut down because it has become unstable...blah, blah....

Talked to Dell Support (English tech support W00t!) - and nothing I could do fixed it. Def something with the HD controller or platters itself. New HD and software headed my way for Monday. Whatev.

Problem being, I have a good deal of shit on my laptop that I haven't backed up yet. I have copies of Solidworks, MS Office, PS, music and some of my car vids and pics. A good deal of my car club pics, school work and other stuff..(pr0n..etc) is not backed up.

Question being, if the comp can't read the HD (Inspirion 600m), would I stand any chance of getting any data by hooking it up to my PC via a IDE/Mini IDE jumper?

HD failure 1 week before finals week.

Fuck Dell. Hard. In the ass.

yeah dude, we just gotta freeze it for like 20 mins and plug it into my desktop :mrgreen: i brought the jumper home with me.

Back