DID A RSX TYPE-R SWAP PLEASE HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic01rsxr

hi everyone. I just fully completed a JDM Type-R Swap into my 01 civic. Now I have a problem. We wired the ECU and tried using the JDM Computer but the car starts even with an immobilzer and I am using the 01 Civic key!! I get a red line RPM of 3000 RPMs But the funny thing is why did my car start?? With the immobilizer the car should not start. I did use the immobilize unit from the Acura RSX type R from the steering collom. I bought a whole front clip(the whole front of an RSX type-R) My car is sitting at Acura and tomorrow they are going to try to match the ECU with my key. But the point of an immobilizer is to not start the car!
Is my JDM type R computer reading that I have the RSX type R immobolizer so it starts the car but then realizes i am using the wrong key and sets my check engine light on along with the redline of 3000 RPMS??? The 2001 Civic has an immobilizer so therfore the there is a CHIP in the Car key. Does anyone think it's just the key problem?? Does anyone know if Acura will even be able to work with this ECU?? Please help any help is greatly appriciated!! Thanks in advance! joe

Back