Didn't know where to put this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
After searching the first lead led me to a Weller soldering gun (here). Would this be a good gun to pick up for chipping the P28 I just got?

Or is that tip a tad bit too large?

Holy crap, they still sell that model ? THat exact one has got to be 45 years old !

Get a soldering pencil - that tip is way too large to do fine work with. That gun is for working with vacuum tubes.

GODDAMN, I have that exact same one, except mine really is 30 years old.

Like Cel said, get the pencil. I sed the gun to fix something in my Pr4 and it was a PITA.

we had one of those in the back of our garage at one point...
must have been 20-30 years old...

Damn some of them were insane on prices... I think I'll grab this one.
that looks like a really nice setup
i made something along those lines with a simple soldering pen and a wall adjustable switch, like a dimmer switch you use for lights, exactly like it actually...

i was attempting to maintain a constant 170 - 190 degrees F...

who can guess why...?

:dry: vaporizer...

scaring? coke?
jesus, you guys think i'm fucking crazy...

I'm using a soldering pen from Harbor Freight; it sucks and I'm about to replace it with a 35W or 40W one from Radioshack. I'm also using a Radioshack desolderer; works great!

send your ecu to someone who knows how to do it, james... how are you going to chip your own ecu anyway?

just give me what you need to get soldered James since i solder at where i work at. it wont cost ya a thing :) and yes i can solder anything you want soldered... :)

I got interested and went to go find mine, looks like mine already saw it's last day due to improper care. The tip split and it pretty much useless now. But yea, I asked my grandfather and he got it in the late 60's.

Quoted post[/post]]
just give me what you need to get soldered James since i solder at where i work at. it wont cost ya a thing :) and yes i can solder anything you want soldered... :)

haha well come over and you can watch ME do it... cause you doing it wouldn't help me in learning it.

Back