difference in headers...vtec vs. non-vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PDOTJONES

is there a difference between vtec and non-vtec headers? got a good deal on some dc sport 4 to 1 headers, but not sure if the will fit my b20.

b series is b series , i have(edit:had) dc 4-2-1 meant for a gsr on myne . just match the porting with the correct gasket

Originally posted by civicious+Nov 11 2004, 07:11 AM-->
Why'd you buy 2 of them?
[post=415239]Quoted post[/post]​

civicious
@Nov 11 2004, 07:20 AM
Meant for pdotjones...he said he got a good deal on some DC headers...

Thats was sarcasm, dude.
[post=415245]Quoted post[/post]​

hahaha.... :lol: my bad, you know what i meant...

finally got my header and put it on. it fits without a problem. only thing, it's too short (by 3 or 4 inches maybe) to fit with the stock piping. who in there right mind would have headers with stock piping anyway? :D

you must have got the gsr header, gsr is the only oine thats too short.

yeah, the guy i bought them from said that they were a b series header, so i just went with it. i love them! greatest thing to happen to my car since....well, since i bought it, i guess..... :blink:

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 11 2004, 09:11 AM
Why'd you buy 2 of them?

look I'm tired of hearing this. Headers is correct. It originally comes from "head pipes" later the term was shortened to "headers" for a set of head pipes. This term did not change when hot rodders brought their head pipes together in a single collector. Even though your headers have only one collector they are still HEADERS. So for you know it all's with a header you must be running on only one cylinder. Fuckin' kids. Didn't your parents teach you anything.

Originally posted by friz+Nov 16 2004, 01:40 AM-->
civicious
@Nov 11 2004, 09:11 AM
Why'd you buy 2 of them?

look I'm tired of hearing this. Headers is correct. It originally comes from "head pipes" later the term was shortened to "headers" for a set of head pipes. This term did not change when hot rodders brought their head pipes together in a single collector. Even though your headers have only one collector they are still HEADERS. So for you know it all's with a header you must be running on only one cylinder. Fuckin' kids. Didn't your parents teach you anything.
[post=417536]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry guy. Although the source of the term is correct, a V or boxer motor will have headers, an inline motor will still have a header. There is only one. Headers indicates more than one. :slap:

header = one
headers = 2 header
head pipes = not header
header term = has been lost
headers is therefore header and accepted as such. anyways who cares... :p
when my header comes in 4 seperate pipes i'll start calling them headers as they're seperate.

Back