Differences on AEM cam gears?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DJCujo84

Is there any differnce between the AEM cam gears between sohc and dohc? Because my friend wants to sell me one but he doesnt know for wich motor its for, if it makes a differnce.

get cam gears that can't be adjusted for more than 5 degrees both ways. Toda, Spoon, Jun make such units.

Milan

Yes, DOHC and SOHC gears are different, they are not interchangeable.

And I've never had a problem with my AEM gears, all I did was switch out the crappy bolts they give you with beefier bolts that are easier to work with.

yes, if there is 2 its for a DOHC, if theres 1 its for a SOHC.

I know that, but he only has one because it was given to him. So it could be one from a dohc set or just the sohc one. Is there any differnce on the gear it self if it were from either set?

if he was only given 1 then its SOHC. also it would be about the size of a roll of masking tape new. the dohc cam gears are gonna be smaller more like the size of a soda can.

a friend of mine had his Skunk2 cam gears slip and destroyed his entire top end and a few pistons.

honestly i never asked how they slipped. i just asked him why his motor was blown up. he said he cam gears slipped.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Jul 8 2003, 01:38 AM
yes, if there is 2 its for a DOHC, if theres 1 its for a SOHC.

duh- lol
but they are also different sizes... you can't buy 2 SOHC cam gears and use them on a b-series.

AEM's, et al, 3-bolt designs suck. 4+ work well

Back