differential help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nootrac22

VIP
the clutch went on my prelude, so I figured I'd install an LSD while I was at it. I removed the bolt on the housing and managed to get the housing appart about a half inch. I can not how ever get the 2 halves to sepperate. Is there something I'm missing, a retaining clip or something? I have both the Chilton's and Haynes manuals for the car and neither one cover chaning the diff. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS the good part about not having the wife around anymore is I can bring this in the basement and not hear anyone bitch about fucking car parts and getting things dirty.:D

look at the end of the case - you should see a big round plug with a square indent in it - put a 3/8" drive ratchet into the square hole and remove the plug - below that, you will see a snap ring that holds the case to the countershaft bearing - spread the snap ring apart and pull the case off - do your manuals cover disassembly of the transmission? - you need to remove the entire gearset in order to then remove the differential - have you ever disassembled a transmission before? you can get into a lot of trouble if you haven't

thank you for the info. no neither chiltons or haynes cover disassembly of the transmition. Do you know of a manual that does or perhaps a website? Or if it wouldn't be to much trouble I'd take any advice/instruction you could give.

Back