??Difficultly level power window conversion??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
I have a 92 civic hatch si and for some stupid reason....they never came with power windows.

I know you can put EX doors on but was wondering if you could take the switches, wiring, power window motors and window rails out and throw them on my car?

I am pretty sure its wired for it already ( I have to look but think there's a spot for it on the fuse box)

Anyone done this? I've seen it done but not sure on the specifics.

Thanks, Its pretty involved....funny how it says SI models have these power options.

I've never seen an SI with PW PL (mine has PL but they're aftermarket off alarm)

When I bought mine....I looked at at least 8 different 92-95 SI's before buying the one I got. None had power windows/door locks but had a power sun roof....WTF? I'd take a manual sun roof and power windows

And I got power mirrors.....silly

A lot of people think that. It would make sense with 4 wheel disc brakes and the sunroof and the stripe pattern interior and the tach and the power mirrrors but believe me....they are all manual windows/door locks. I am the second owner and had it since 96. Bought it from an anal retentive old man that I had to work on for over a month in order for him to lower his price to $10K in 1996 (car had 40K miles on it)

But my fuse box has spots for 4-door power windows/locks (like its the fuse box for the sedan) Maybe its wired up to the fuse box already? That would be nice. Like they say about 92 civic are already wired for VTEC....maybe they're already wired for PW PL???

Plus ALL si's I looked at buying before (even at he dealer) were all manual windows/locks

Back