diffrences in jdm/usdm s1 trannys

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

i have 2 trannys and both are s1's, the one was sold to me as a jdm tranny and it has lsd(aftermarket im assuming) and i want to get the shorter geared jdm one rebuilt so whats the diffrence between the jdm/usdm? i know the jdm is shorter geared but how can i be sure its a jdm tranny?

JDM or not it doesn't really matter... why do you need to rebuild? Most of the time it'll be cheaper to source another transmission. If you're replacing synchronizers, you'll pay about $100-150 per set (per gear).

the jdm and usdm trannys are geared diffrent. the jdm s1 came on the b16 in some integra xsi's and are geared shorter. the usdm s1 is just a ls tranny in the 90-91 integra. and i want the jdm one rebuilt because its missing 3 gears. as in there completely stripped/broken, but it has a lsd im told its a jdm tranny with a quaffe lsd but i need to verify that its jdm before i wast money rebuilding it

If you're going to have to replace 3 gearsets anyway, just build your own transmission from scratch using the ratios you want. There are aftermarket gearsets available- including dog / straight mesh gears if you really want them.

thats what i was thinking but im having a hard time finding a place to do it for me, as im not sure of doing it myself. but if both my trannys are usdm with the same ratios im just going to put the lsd in the good one and replace all the synchro's/seals/bearings

Back