dipsticks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

right now i'm using a d series dipstick in by b18c is there really a difference and if so what is it?
thanks

B series should be longer than d series meaning you have a little more oil than you should. If its not leaking or going all over the place, leave it alone. better to have a lttle more than not enough.

ok...now i got something new....i just used my friends b18a dipstick in my gsr and the dipstick read low....so i don't get it....can someone enlighten me here....the d series dipstick says i'm between the two marks and the b18b dipstick shows almost no oil....thanks

i'll get a damn dipstick but i just wanna know what i'm running till i get one

Originally posted by hybrid89@Jun 22 2004, 12:54 PM
B series should be longer than d series meaning you have a little more oil than you should. If its not leaking or going all over the place, leave it alone. better to have a lttle more than not enough.

errr.... if you ahve too much oil the crankshaft will start to mix and froth it, frothed over oil doesn't lubricate....but if the engine hasn't seized you're fine.

Just to let everyone know when using the d-series dipstick the car was running close to 2 quarts low.....i got the right dipstick now so its all good...hopefully no damage!

go out and buy either a new or used dipstick for YOUR motor.

Back