DIS wiring problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kickz

hello
i just finished putting in a 1993 jdm h22a which has a internal coil in the dis. and my 1997 prelude has an external coil.
i know i have to use the 93 jdm h22a dis coz of the location of the crank sensor...
i am just having problems wiring the coil ?
how do i do that ?
sorry ima really bad with wires =)
Thanks

Originally posted by kickz@Jun 13 2004, 12:49 AM
hello
i just finished putting in a 1993 jdm h22a which has a internal coil in the dis. and my 1997 prelude has an external coil.
i know i have to use the 93 jdm h22a dis coz of the location of the crank sensor...
i am just having problems wiring the coil ?
how do i do that ?
sorry ima really bad with wires =)
Thanks

You can get power by tapping one wire. Look at the picture. My methods have improved since the first swap, but this works.

Going into the distributor is a blue wire, and a black/yellow. On the plug going to your old coil is either a black/yellow, or a plain yellow wire. You want the wire that turns on with the key. Tap on and jump over.

If you splice into the distributor wiring before the the plug, then your wiring can be taken apart easily later. I didn't do that the first time......

hey tab
so your saying take the yellow/black or yellow wire from the 3wire plug from the 97 harness and splice it into the blue wire on the dis??
sorry just wanna make sure .. dont wanna screw up nething

thanks

You will have one unused plug, that used to go to your external coil. In that plug will be a black wire with a yellow stripe(black/yellow). This will be your power source. On another distributor plug, that is being used will be a black/yellow or straight yellow. That will be the destination for the power source. The blue wire is something totally different, and shouldn't be touched. I believe it's the tach signal wire, but I can't remember.

So find the unused plug, and use a spade connector to tap the black/yellow wire, and jump it over to the black/yellow wire that accompanies the blue wire. Don't tap the blue at all.

Back