distribuor ignitors?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

so im trying to determine what is wrong with my distributor here, i got no spark, ive tested all the wiring internally and it all checks out good, im just trying to test the ignitor, well i cant find a wiring schematic for the actual ignitor but im wondering if a d series one is interchangable with it, i know for the b series and the d series the dizzy's arent interchangable but im assuming its only because of the actual casing, the layout appears to be the same internally, so im thinking of just taking out my d series ignitor and putting it in my b series and trying it out. anyone know if they are interchangable.??
b series dizzy is from a obd 1 1995 GSR

d series is from a 1993 del sol SI (sohc v tech)

thanx
Paul.

just put your p28's distributor on the b-series. the legs are all wack and probably will only mount with 1 leg, but it will be good to test with

thanx B

yeah just for the record, they are interchangable, after doin all my tests with my multimeter i narrowed it down to the ignitor, i took the one from the d series dizzy and popped it in the B series, and what do ya know...sparky sparky..she fired right up.

:)

Back