Distributor & CPS Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jfields0622

SWAP INFO: Original car: 1988 honda civic dx dpfi,
Swapped Engine: 1991 dohc zc black top, mpfi

The ecu is only throwing out one code..(i think i did good for my first MAJOR engine swap). Anyways, the code that is being thrown out is for the CPS.

Now, I know the car should start without the cps, but its not. So, I checked the spark and there is none. Which leads me to believe, the culprit is the distributor.

Now, the reason I do not have the CPS on my engine yet is because, when I went to put the CPS on there was a large black rubber grommit that covered up the hole at the end of the camshaft, after removing the rubber grommit there is a metal circular plate that is inside the end of the exhaust cam shaft.. This plate seems like it cannot be removed, and so I believe that I need a distributor that has a CPS built in that will fit the DOHC ZC.

Does anyone know if that metal plate can be removed to install the CPS. If not does anyone know of a OBD0 distributor that will work for the ZC that has a CPS built in

Any suggestions?

:D

Back