Distributor help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Guy

My car (90 crx w/b16 obd0 +zdyne) recently began throwing a code 9, which as i understand comes from a fault within the dist. This is my 3rd distributor on my b16 and im finding out what i had previously heard about them to be true (that they are crap) so i would like to move to a different distributor so i dont have to deal with this problem anymore. Im pretty sure that the older one is a white plug version whereas the newer one is called a grey plug (i may have them mixed up). Is it possible to just upgrade the distributor to the obd1 one without moving the rest of my system to match it? help is appreciated.

no. obd0 computers don't like obd1 electronics.

im not suer how the zdyne works... but im assuming it won't like it eithe

thats what i thought, though for some reason i thought that i remembered an earlier honda tuning or hci that mentioned something about a grey plug swap for obd1 cars. Guess its time to go diging in my magazine archive.

it's called an OBD1 conversion.

OBD1 distrbutor
OBD1 ECU
OBD0-OBD1 conversion harness
Done.

Originally posted by Guy@Aug 23 2004, 02:09 PM
Im aware of that
and you forgot injectors
[post=380664]Quoted post[/post]​

and you forgot obd1/2 harness injector plugs and 4 wire 02 sensor

no, I didn't forget anything.

You don't need injectors. OBD0 injectors are the same size as OBD1 - the only difference is the resistor box. If you keep the box, you keep the resistors. End of story.

You don't need a 4 wire O2. Either use a JDM P08 or disable the O2 heater in code. Done.

Only plugs on harness that need changed are the distributor plugs themselves. Unpin two plugs, oh the pain...

Back