Distributor Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Visualimpact02

Hi people, i have a questions. I have a 1993 OBD1 LS engine that i am putting into my 91 Civic. I purchased a distibutor off ebay and it was off of a 91 which is OBD0. I was just wondering if since the distributor is not OBD1 i was wondering if it will still work even though they are both a B18a series engine. :unsure:

Originally posted by Visualimpact02@May 4 2003, 01:29 PM
Hi people, i have a questions. I have a 1993 OBD1 LS engine that i am putting into my 91 Civic. I purchased a distibutor off ebay and it was off of a 91 which is OBD0. I was just wondering if since the distributor is not OBD1 i was wondering if it will still work even though they are both a B18a series engine. :unsure:

if you use an obd-0 ECU with the distributor you bought it will work...if you try to use the OBD-1 you'll throw codes...TDC is what i kept throwing before i figured it out

The wiring harness arent the same yO. At least hte plugs arent. I have a complete wiring harness for a 93 LS engine if you need one.

Back