distributor wiring question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

taccord1986

i have looked up a couple post on here and not one of them has helped me much i have a 90 civic that is dpfi and i am going to use the wiring for a b18b1 i need to know why the dpfi harness only has 5 wires going to the dizzy on one plug when the b18 has 7 wires and how am i going to put those together

the wiring for dpfi is different than mpfi. They have different distributors too. you either have to convert the harness to dpfi, not the good choice, or you could convert the engine to mpfi, the good choice. there is a writeup in the tech section on this. don't know what you might already have but you will need the distributor, the intake manifold, injectors, resistor box.

that is the thing i jsut swaped a b18b1 in it so it has a obd1 dizzy i know i have to swap to mpfi but i also have to convert the wires on the dizzy plug so it will plug into the dizzy the only problem with that is dpfi plug only has 5 wires and the mpfi b18 has 7

Back