distributor wont line up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

iwant2drivefast

im trying to put a 1.5 vtec in a 93 civic non vtec, and i cant get the distributor to line up with the mounting holes. i was told that the dist. off the 1.5 non vtec will work on the vtec, but im not seeing how. any help would be nice.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 27 2005, 10:39 AM
i'm not sure that dist will work...

can you get some bolts in?
[post=479339]Quoted post[/post]​

if i turn the dist. i can get two bolts in but i would have to move the plug wires on the cap to get them to line up.

is the y8 odb2. and the z6 odb1, or am i just real confused here. sorry for all the stupid ?s but this is my first honda and swap.

or, distributorking.com (same name on ebay). hes reliable and his distrubotrs are just as good as oem IMO.

if i use a y8 dizzy i need a p28 ecu, and if i use z6 dizzy i need to use a p08 ecu? am i wrong or what?

You want the SOHC vtec ECU that plugs into your car (in this case, P28). Which distributor doesn't matter as long as it fits the motor and plugs into your harness.

i used a 1.5 dizzy on my z6 i just had to file the holes out then make sure my timeing was right but it ran fine with it

Back