DNX Exhaust Info?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

El Nagro

Ok I was wondering if anyone has this on there car or know anyone who does? One of my friends has a universal muffler and it sounds good, nice and deep, similar to greddy I think...Not ricy. But since he only has the muffler I dont know anything about the mid pipes. I wanted to know how they fit, if they fit is good or if I should dish out the extra $$$$ and get greddy...Any info would be great.

preformance mang!!! If you want preformance get a full cat-back exhaust system. A muffler is only going to get you sound and little if any preformance. I have an HKS hi Power exhaust. Do you have vtec, if so i think you would like it. I give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

if you dont have a lot of money have some one weld you some 2 1/2 inch piping from the cat back.then slap on a generic muffler.it beats the price by a couple hundred bucks.

this is a nice cat back that requires slight modification to the bumper:
s408175c07c84a.jpg

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 17 2004, 11:24 AM
this is a nice cat back that requires slight modification to the bumper:
s408175c07c84a.jpg

HAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA that looks like a friggin rocket nozzle! I have never heard of dnx mufflers before. I'd get something with a better name on it.

if i'm reading his post right, he's asking about the fitment of a "DNX" catback system. He likes the sound of their mufflers but wants to know the quality of the full catback system!

Read and try to comprehend a post before you start flaming!

sorry dude, i've never heard of "DNX" before, ignore the assholes^^^^^

yeah I was refering to the catback system....And dnx has a pretty good name on it...DYNOMAX. Guess I will be the first one here to try it out, i'll let you know how it works out.

there has to be a first for everything, your the first for this exhaust on this board. how much do they cost/ where are you purchasing it from?

I wasnot flaming, I was laughing at the funny photoshop. Like I said, I have never heard of dnx, DYNOMAX, or anything. Just be aware that in the car world, you get what you pay for. Let us know how it goes, post some dynos etc.

and that thing wasnt photoshopped....you can tell, look at the shadow, bumper, and there is no stock exhaust.

If you can find another pic showing the underbody piping, I'll believe you. With a tip that huge, you'd be running into the gas tank.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 17 2004, 06:28 PM
there has to be a first for everything, your the first for this exhaust on this board. how much do they cost/ where are you purchasing it from?

I am gettin' it from my local Dynomax dealer. I havent looked into the cost yet so I cant tell you yet. Its made by Dynomax so im sure it will be good.

I think this is this the site www.dnxperformance.com

that website oozes of rice and FnF. I'd just go with apexi or greddy or tanabe. They are all about power, I'm sure they have what you want, and you'll be sporting a less ricey ride. Anyway, it's your money, and your car, and this is just my opinion. Go with what makes you happy, and f everyone else.

Yeah the website has a nice ricey flavor too it lol. Im actually gettin' greddy now, I got a good deal so its all good.

just make sure to get a good sizing for the piping, you don't want to make your honda sound like a fart cannon, which is what will happen if your piping is too big. is your car turbo'd or are you staying NA? you don't want to go bigger than 2.5 inches piping diameter if you are staying NA, and in most cases, even that is too big. 2.25 is just about right for most honda motors.

Its gona be turbo after the rebuild, which wont be until I get the funds which will be a year or so.

Back