do i live in a crappy area or what?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

go rent a limo, get about 3 older gentlement who are clean cut, and shaven,put them in suits and sunglassses, (some will do this for a beer or two) and have then drive you to the dealership and act like your bodygaurds and choufer(sp), and then walk into the dealership, and ask to see the owner...and tell them about what happened, and then drop out an expencive looking wallet, and go up to another guy, and say...I wanted 5 of those cars, one in each color...ohhh wait, you treated me like an asshole, so I'll just go down the road and buy an Enzo...and be on my way.....

I bet a few jaws will drop :lol:

Had that happen to me when I was lookin at RX-8's. Cept I was dressed nice. I basically told them I wasn't buying the car because nobody would let me drive it. 9000 RPM's and the sales guy wouldn't let me top over 7... what a bastard. Long story short, I sent an older buddy of mine that I know from work to set them in their place. He has 3 ferraris, license plates NO JOB 1, 2, and 3. He went in with his shiny new 540, told the manager that he was angry that they treated his "son" so poorly, and walked out. He said he had the whole sales staff trying to apologize, but he just kept walkin, chirped the tires on his way out, and that was that. Hopefully that sent a message to that damn dealership.

edit: I WAS serious about buying the car, and had $15,000 to throw down on it, and even PROVED it to them by showing a bank statement... some people are just too hard headed in their stereotypes.

Seriously I was not wasting there time. I was thinking of buying an Evo in the next couple of months. Now however it will not be from that guy.

When I was looking at an EVO they would not budge on the price from sticker.
They would not let me test drive it unless I put a deposit down. The salesman said it was to make sure people were serious so they wouldn't put too many miles on the cars with people just wanting to drive them. I can kind of see this as being true, but it sucks when you want to test drive it. The salesman was cool with me, and we even figured out trade in values for my 8 month old truck. This was in august of 03. In December 03 a week after I had just purchased my 04 Silverado (needed more power than my s10 zr2 could deliver) the sales man during a snow storm saying I'll sell the car to you at cost. "We had 3 evos when you came in during August and they are still here." I was just laughing and said you should have just lowered the price some off of sticker and you could have sold one and not paid interest on the car for 4 months. I am the kind of guy who has walked out of a deal when buying a truck because the guy wouldn't throw in a bedliner.

I just started this week selling cars, actually still in training and will hit the floors monday or tuesday. Anyway, our dealership is so highly successful because we're not like that. Granted there will always be a few lazy guys who profile and say "oh, he's not buying, look at him." But almost always that person is there to buy, and they'll get ripped on. We're so successful because they teach us to treat EVERYBODY like they're our own moms. So if anybody in the west needs to buy a truck, look for Sam at Towbin Dodge in Las Vegas. I'll treat you right (shameless plug)

let me tell you a little story about driving a del sol, a 3.2 TL and then an s2000 to a honda dealership.

i drove up in the del sol with a friend to look at s2000's, they had a used GPW one sitting in the lot. Walked around it for about 10-12 minutes w/out anyone asking if we needed help. went into the showroom.. walked around the 04 one for probably another 10 minutes or so... 3 or 4 salesman sitting at their desks just looking at us. fuck it.. we're gone.

a few days later, we went to the same place, shirt/tie combo and pulled up in my dad's 3.2 TL and he his new MDX... same thing.. no one helps us....

i went to chicago and bought my s2000 from some guy the next weekend... as soon as i got the plates and everything cleared on it.. i drove back to the same dealership wearing jeans, flip flops and a t shirt... before we even stepped out of the car we had some guy walking into the parking lot to ask us what he could do for us...

bastards.. they have no clue.. i was ready to drop coin and pay cash for the entire car ... that would have made his day. instead... some guy in chicago got cash, private seller and it was great.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 6 2005, 09:31 PM
let me tell you a little story about driving a del sol, a 3.2 TL and then an s2000 to a honda dealership.

i drove up in the del sol with a friend to look at s2000's, they had a used GPW one sitting in the lot. Walked around it for about 10-12 minutes w/out anyone asking if we needed help. went into the showroom.. walked around the 04 one for probably another 10 minutes or so... 3 or 4 salesman sitting at their desks just looking at us. fuck it.. we're gone.

a few days later, we went to the same place, shirt/tie combo and pulled up in my dad's 3.2 TL and he his new MDX... same thing.. no one helps us....

i went to chicago and bought my s2000 from some guy the next weekend... as soon as i got the plates and everything cleared on it.. i drove back to the same dealership wearing jeans, flip flops and a t shirt... before we even stepped out of the car we had some guy walking into the parking lot to ask us what he could do for us...

bastards.. they have no clue.. i was ready to drop coin and pay cash for the entire car ... that would have made his day. instead... some guy in chicago got cash, private seller and it was great.
[post=457224]Quoted post[/post]​

good story! :thumbsup:

thanks.. i hoped they all remembered that i was the kid who was in there the week before... assholes.. everytime i go there they try to talk me into trading my car in to get an 04... next time it'll be an 05 i assume

or people could always stop judging people by how they look perhaps??

imagine that...

and i'd be one of those guys rolling up to a dealership in a piece of shit, rocking berks and baggy ass clothes with a beard... but i got the $$$ to back it up

they don't want my business, thats fine, i can go elsewhere

i also am a commission salesman... selling golf equipment bought me all the sweet shit i have today. i am never judgemental of a customer before i talk to them. i learned long ago, which is why i buy things the way i do, not to make assumptions. I've had some of the biggest dirt ass people, coming in with paint all over their pants, flannel shirts and a nascar hat drop 3 grand in 15 minutes. Then again, i've helped the suit/tie person for an hour and a half and they walk out with nothing. I'm good at what I do. Of the 13 or so salesman in the club department, I am generally one of the top 3 sellers (we go by month)

there is nothing i like more than walking into somewhere and paying a huge sum of cash for something and specifically asking for the manager and being certain that no one gets the comission. if i walk around a store, i want someone to at least ask me if they can be of assistance.

when people are helpful, like the guy who sold me and my room mate the iBook computers, i am the easiest person to sell to and upsell. a simple "you need this too" or "yea this is sweet, you should get it" and i'm usually game.

i hate salesman at the apple store, the honda dealership in farmington hills.

fuck the salespeople at Best Buy make no comission on sales and they are the most helpful motherfuckers around.

Blanco, do you mind if i ask what you sell?

:werd: pmd I used to sell stereo equipment and we saw a lot of some people who looked like they didn't have a dime drop some $$$$, and I have seen presidents of companies buy the cheapest shit they can buy.

Back