Do I need the H22a tranny for a F swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

they are the same tranny with diffrent gears! If you are going all motor go with the h22's tranny! If you plan on boosting go with the f22's tranny!

me either....i was always told they didnt bolt up?!?!? :unsure:

Would there be a difference then in performance? I wouldn't think so right? Maybe the ratios would be different?

shorter gearing f22 is a lower power motor.. h22 is higher..

from a manufact. stand point you want a motor with tall gearing for high top speed for the lude

and the f22 a shorter gearing to get up to speed faster with since it has less power..

you wont have a super high top speed but shorter gearing to get up to speed faster.. matched with the power of the h22 power plant.. yada yada

So...from what you're saying, that the f22a's tranny might get you faster 0-60 times as opposed to overall top speed?

Originally posted by mdlax1@Oct 30 2003, 03:00 PM

from a manufact. stand point you want a motor with tall gearing for high top speed for the lude

and the f22 a shorter gearing to get up to speed faster with since it has less power..

you wont have a super high top speed but shorter gearing to get up to speed faster.. matched with the power of the h22 power plant.. yada yada

This is not correct. The F22 tranny has longer gears for fuel economy. The H22 tranny has shorter gears for better accel.

Originally posted by lsvtec+Oct 30 2003, 09:41 PM-->
@Oct 30 2003, 03:00 PM

This is not correct. The F22 tranny has longer gears for fuel economy. The H22 tranny has shorter gears for better accel.

Yeah that is correct.. thats why turbos are better on the f22 and non turbo use the h22!! You can stay in boost longer on the f22 cause you wont be shifting so soon! the boost makes up for the gear basically

Ah, I see, that explains alot. When I drove the H22a, those Rpm's shot up like a rocket...My f2 takes forever to get those Rpm's up to speed.

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Oct 29 2003, 10:05 PM
they are the same tranny with diffrent gears! If you are going all motor go with the h22's tranny! If you plan on boosting go with the f22's tranny!

my f22 tranny sucks balls it wasn't made for any type of extra stress stick with the h22 tranny all the way.

Originally posted by Accordturbo94+Oct 30 2003, 09:20 PM-->
Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 30 2003, 09:41 PM
mdlax1
@Oct 30 2003, 03:00 PM

Yeah that is correct.. thats why turbos are better on the f22 and non turbo use the h22!! You can stay in boost longer on the f22 cause you wont be shifting so soon! the boost makes up for the gear basically

If what you are trying to say is that the F22 tranny has longer gears (I think this is the point you are making but I can't tell) then you are simpy repeating what I said which is the opposite of what mdlax1 said. The F22 tranny has much longer gears than the H22 tranny. Your argument about boost doesn't make any sense.

Originally posted by haccord141+Oct 31 2003, 02:41 PM-->
Accordturbo94
@Oct 29 2003, 10:05 PM

my f22 tranny sucks balls it wasn't made for any type of extra stress stick with the h22 tranny all the way.

I know the F2 wasn't designed for high levels of boost, but what about just 200 or so hp? Should be fine right? Thats what I was trying to get to. The engine itself is alot less expensive than the whole set with tranny together. And If i'm not trying to race this thing to death, but to have a faster engine, then the trannys not going to blow to smithereens right? As long as it doesn't compromise performance...

The F22 tranny will probably slow you down. You are most likely going to drop out of the power band at every shift.

Originally posted by haccord141+Oct 31 2003, 02:41 PM-->
Accordturbo94
@Oct 29 2003, 10:05 PM

:werd:

Go H22 unless you boost, F22 is long geared.

Back