Do you wave to other riders?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sometimes, just depends on the mood. i really dont see the need for all that. not like ill ever meet 90% of the people i wave to and in the off chance i do its not like ill remember waving or not waving to said person.

I drove by a guy on a green ninja and his girlfriend on a honda something the other day and nodded at him. I wanted to give him a thumbsup too but he looked away.

It was fun driving behind them watching them brake and clutch and all that. Made me wanna ninja.

Seen that out here in Cali. I think it's more a brand thing, tho...I don't know if I've ever seen Harley rider acknowledge a Ricer.

This is why I hate driving the wife's POS Camry. Driving my car's like being in a little club, sorta'...driving hers I become one of the masses. If I see another sweet CRX I can't even give the driver a nod.

It is not a brand thing.

It's motorcycle thing. It's a respect thing. I wave at every single rider that passes me. And every single rider, even the gold wing ww1 vets wave at me.

Very much so propper etiquette. Drop your left hand. If you're in a turn, you're exempt, if you're getting up to speed your exempt. Even at my MSF course they went over the propper etiquette.

i only wave when i know it's safe. i'll wave to sport bikes, but i really only return a wave to cruisers. most of them are kind of rude and don't return waves to sport bikes so i wont wave.

I get waved at by everyone, and I wave back or initiate with anyone. If they don't wave back, it's prolly because they are new, novice, or plan on doing something with the clutch.

People waved at me when I was starting, and I was too nervous to respond.

But the blessing of the bikes I went to last week had a nice speech from the reverend. She said that "I noticed bikers wave at each other, regardless of what they ride. I think that's absolutely stunning - because it's a moment when you can pause and understand a fellow human being who, like you, takes risks to fully enjoy life. You're acknowledging the fact that we all deal with hazards, and try our best to make it home after every ride"

And it holds true. IT's not about status, it's not about brands. It's not about styles. And it's not about knowing someone.

It's about being on the same boat for the same reasons.

Back