1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody know and places that do transmissions?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by ktyr5151, May 19, 2011.

1. ktyr5151

ktyr5151 New Member

Im trying to find places that do b series transmissions. Im looking for ppl like dogbox and shep but they only do dsm's. Anybody know any good places who build tranny's?

2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Dogbox does K-series for sure. Not sure about B-series. Dogbox tells me you are sitting on some really high horsepower too........right???

If you are looking for a re-build....I say you find someone local. Shipping would be rough.

Or....if you are up to the challenge......get yourself a Helm Manual for the correct Integra and re-build it yourself.

1 person likes this.
  3. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Frana makes DogBox gears for K-series but its not a daily driver type of transmission.

4. ktyr5151

ktyr5151 New Member

Well ill be looking at 450-500 when im all said and done and ive heard the ls tranny's arent the best and i want an lsd. Im really not sure what i want to do yet. It was just a thought and trying to price it out if i did happen to go that route.

5. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Go local and put in better 2nd and 3rd gears with a LSD. IMO DogBox is drag strip to trailer set up.

All Honda Transmissions have their 'issues' when we are bangin' gears.....no matter the series

6. boostin4fun

boostin4fun Boosted ls/vtec ohh yeah!

This is the best place to go in my opinion. Home

7. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

MFactory makes a dog engagement "kit"...you'd just need someone to install it.

I'd recommend going with Synchrotech or SpeedFactory for the install; they're all authorized Mfactory dealers.

Regarding the fully-lined carbon synchros, something tells me Gearspeed is playing catch-up or everyone bought theirs from Synchrotech. I know for sure when I got mine from Synchrotech, it was still relatively new and Gearspeed or MFactory didn't even have it. I also first heard of the Honda/Acura full-carbon lined sychros from Synchrotech on the H-T boards where Synchrotech also stated that their carbon-moly material were the same material as Gear-X, MFactory, and Gearspeed, which was developed in 2005.

8. honda801

honda801 New Member

It might sound intimidating but just try it yourself< you will save themoney + learn a thing or two. Honda has simplified these cars thats why in my opinion give it a shot and take your time and dont be intimidated, at the end its all nuts and bolts.

9. ktyr5151

ktyr5151 New Member

Where can i find any places to for parts i need?

10. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Last edited: May 22, 2011
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted