does anybody use skunk2 stage2 cam?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiccoupehybrid

please help me anybody.
i i have a 95' civic coupe with b18c5 engine
the car runs good.i bought a pair from a skunk2 stage 2 cams but it makes less power with it,as with the oem cams.
i checked everything but i cannot make it good .
does anybody an idea?
thank you for help

Did you upgrade your valve train? Skunk 2's i heard, make power after 8g rpms to about 10,000 rpms. so if you didnt upgrade the valvetrain, then those cams won't do you any good. B)

i thought that a type-r already has a pretty stout valvetrain. but, you should definetly tune or upgrade your ecu.

wtf is the point of power from 8k-10k? how long can your engine last like that and what are your chances of keepin the rpms there? seriously.

Originally posted by nismogod@Jul 26 2004, 06:26 PM
wtf is the point of power from 8k-10k? how long can your engine last like that and what are your chances of keepin the rpms there? seriously.
[post=368313]Quoted post[/post]​

You must not be a drag racer..lol
You cant slap a race cam in a stock motor and expect to make power, Did you even tune the car?

Originally posted by integraslut78@Jul 26 2004, 08:53 PM
I would try getting some adjustable cam gears that way you can adjust the advance of the cams.
[post=368402]Quoted post[/post]​

i have tuned the car.
Jun 4-1 header 2" exhaust system,skunk2 titanium retaiers,skunk2 valve springs,skunk2 adj cam gears,walbro 255lph fuel pump,b&m fuuel pressure regulator,cold air intake,chipped p30ecu.
the last one was the stage 2 cams.but it does not working well.
the engine revs good from 3000-8000but in the upper rpm range is not good there is not enough power... :(
i dont know what is the problem...

Originally posted by B16@Jul 27 2004, 01:33 AM
probably your 2" exhaust
[post=368601]Quoted post[/post]​

why?

other question:
does anybody use same cams?
i would like to see how he had tuned cam gears.i think this is the problem for me

i have tuned the car.

chipped p30ecu.

:blink: :blink:

the stage 2's should make pretty good mid range, but it'll SHINE up top compared to the ITR cams. Depends on your program on the chip it might cause your power output to slip. For example I had a jun programmed chip and it starts dumping fuel at 8200 rpm.

tune it with a vafc or hondata/uberdata.

Originally posted by word@Jul 27 2004, 01:11 PM
i have tuned the car.

chipped p30ecu.

the stage 2's should make pretty good mid range, but it'll SHINE up top compared to the ITR cams. Depends on your program on the chip it might cause your power output to slip. For example I had a jun programmed chip and it starts dumping fuel at 8200 rpm.

[post=368762]Quoted post[/post]​

irun with modified skunk2 chip.
the thing what makes me nervous is that the car runs same as with the factory itr cam...
because this thing was the last modify..
i tune the chips with uberdata/crome...

Originally posted by word@Jul 27 2004, 01:11 PM
i have tuned the car.

chipped p30ecu.

[post=368762]Quoted post[/post]​

from where can i download hondata?

you cannot download hondata...

seriously, ditch that exhaust system, it is a bottleneck in the exhaust flow, go to a 2.5" what size collector is on the header you're using? you should get something with 2.5" collector as well.

Originally posted by B16@Jul 27 2004, 02:43 PM
you cannot download hondata...

seriously, ditch that exhaust system, it is a bottleneck in the exhaust flow, go to a 2.5" what size collector is on the header you're using? you should get something with 2.5" collector as well.
[post=368819]Quoted post[/post]​

i have measured it!
it is 2,5" so it is good.
what can be a problem?
if anybody has a good chip for me i will be happy...
i dont know what to do.
i dont know anybody who uses stage2cams,i cannot ask anybody...

Dude, not to be a jerk or anything, but are you reading the posts? Get a new exhaust. That is holding you up on the top end for sure. it dosen't matter what kind of chip you get, that still is going to be a big bottle neck. Id change the exhaust first then see where you end up.

also, chips are worthless. 2 engines can have the exact same mods done to it, however, the tuning will be diffrent. Buy a real tuning system like Hondata, Uberdata, Greddy, AEM, ect.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 27 2004, 09:08 PM
also, chips are worthless. 2 engines can have the exact same mods done to it, however, the tuning will be diffrent. Buy a real tuning system like Hondata, Uberdata, Greddy, AEM, ect.
[post=369045]Quoted post[/post]​

I find that the jdm p30 is a good basemap for allmotor stuff , then rework the fuel maps a little. Its got some pretty good timming maps

Back