Does anyone know what today is?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

yea, December 7th 2003 marks the 62nd anniversary of the Japanese Attack on PEARL HARBOR, please tell me you remember Dec. 7th? You have to... :doh: 8:00 A.M., Sunday morning, December 7, 1941.

The ships destroyed... (not a complete list however)
USS Arizona (BB39) Battleship
USS West Virginia (BB48) Battleship
USS California (BB44) Battleship
USS Oklahoma (BB37) Battleship
USS Nevada (BB36) Battleship
USS Pennsylvania (BB38) Battleship (in dry dock #1)
USS Tennessee (BB43) Battleship
USS Maryland (BB46) Battleship
USS Vestal (AR4) Repair ship
USS Neosho (AO23) Oiler
USS Detroit (CL8) Light cruiser
USS Raleigh (CL7) Light cruiser
USS Utah (AG16) Target Ship
USS Tangier (AV8) Seaplane Tender
USS Cassin Destroyer
USS Downes Destroyer
USS Shaw Destroyer
USS Ogala
USS Helena
USS New Orleans
USS San Francisco

A total of twenty-nine Japanese aircraft were shot down by ground fire and U.S pilots from various military installations on O'ahu. I forgot this is HONDASWAP, and hondas are japanese cars.... just my tribute to history. I love history. It's FUN!

(This info sourced from http://my.execpc.com/~dschaaf/overview.html have to give credit where it is due)

thats not today yO'... and as far as your birthday goes it isnt as important as Pearl Harbor...

BTW - My dirthday 11/22

Originally posted by LeanMeanMarine@Dec 7 2003, 02:32 PM
yea, December 7th 2003 marks the 62nd anniversary of the Japanese Attack on PEARL HARBOR, please tell me you remember Dec. 7th? You have to... :doh: 8:00 A.M., Sunday morning, December 7, 1941.

The ships destroyed... (not a complete list however)
USS Arizona (BB39) Battleship
USS West Virginia (BB48) Battleship
USS California (BB44) Battleship
USS Oklahoma (BB37) Battleship
USS Nevada (BB36) Battleship
USS Pennsylvania (BB38) Battleship (in dry dock #1)
USS Tennessee (BB43) Battleship
USS Maryland (BB46) Battleship
USS Vestal (AR4) Repair ship
USS Neosho (AO23) Oiler
USS Detroit (CL8) Light cruiser
USS Raleigh (CL7) Light cruiser
USS Utah (AG16) Target Ship
USS Tangier (AV8) Seaplane Tender
USS Cassin Destroyer
USS Downes Destroyer
USS Shaw Destroyer
USS Ogala
USS Helena
USS New Orleans
USS San Francisco

A total of twenty-nine Japanese aircraft were shot down by ground fire and U.S pilots from various military installations on O'ahu. I forgot this is HONDASWAP, and hondas are japanese cars.... just my tribute to history. I love history. It's FUN!

(This info sourced from http://my.execpc.com/~dschaaf/overview.html have to give credit where it is due)

Thanks to everyone who gave their lives in the surprise attacks and still did there best to fight off those assholes. :yes: :nod:

oh yeah, :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: to all veterans.

to the bastard Japs who bombed our nation. :fuckyou:

I just like how we came back and demolished them. :D

Originally posted by LeanMeanMarine@Dec 7 2003, 02:52 PM
It's funny how we driver thier cars now though isn't it? Forgive and forget?

American workers put my Si together. :D The best of both worlds, eh? :lol:

Canadians are the bomb....i've never met one I didnt like.

I guess yeah, since it didnt happen to me and I had no family in pearl harbor, I can forgive their actions. Even though Teddy had sent a note stating he wanted to come to an agreement rather than go to war to the emporer and it was never delivered. <_< :p

it sucks they did that in the first place but they got what was comin to them, we got 'em back.....my grandpa fought in the war....

my 10th grade english teacher's husband was on some ship, i cant remember the name but for some reason i wanna say washington. well she said they were on there way to pearl habor but last minute they were told to turn around and not go. This was before the japanese attacked. She said that somone knew there was going to be attack so they turn her husbands ship around.

Originally posted by highperboi@Dec 7 2003, 03:03 PM
my 10th grade english teacher's husband was on some ship, i cant remember the name but for some reason i wanna say washington. well she said they were on there way to pearl habor but last minute they were told to turn around and not go. This was before the japanese attacked. She said that somone knew there was going to be attack so they turn her husbands ship around.

how old are you man. just kidding

my girlfriends bday= sept 11th as well but it dont bother her that much i guess....

Originally posted by LeanMeanMarine@Dec 7 2003, 02:52 PM
It's funny how we driver their cars now though isn't it? Forgive and forget?

no,not if you consider our country's money and Gen.MacAuthur[sp?] helped rebuild for years after the hostilities.

EDIT:and thank you all vetrans for securing a great country for me and mine :worthy: :worthy:

Originally posted by mwvnos@Dec 7 2003, 03:01 PM
it sucks they did that in the first place but they got what was comin to them, we got 'em back.....my grandpa fought in the war....

or, did it suck that we stopped trading with them because the US didn't belive in their communist style of government, and thus put them into a recession and depression almost 2-fold of what our great depression was like. there was NO money, no food, and something had to be done.

It was inevitble.

The same shit happened with cuba 30 years later.

notice, both fucking republican presidents at the time instituted the embargos... and the dem's had to come through a clean it up.

Back