Does anyone make a cable tranny mount for a 99 SI???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

folicor

OK, I have a 99 SI which had no motor because I swapped it into a hatch. Now I have the old hatch motor (b16) with cable tranny (with hydro conversion) that I'm trying to put back into my 99. I realize the upper tranny mount is different, no big deal right? I figure I can just buy a mount that will work with it. Well, the motor is now in the car with a ghetto rigged version of an upper tranny mount because I can't find anyone who makes a mount for an EK to use a cable tranny. Can someone send me a link if they know of one. Or can I just get away with using the lower one only?

Quoted post[/post]]
OK, I have a 99 SI which had no motor because I swapped it into a hatch. Now I have the old hatch motor (b16) with cable tranny (with hydro conversion) that I'm trying to put back into my 99. I realize the upper tranny mount is different, no big deal right? I figure I can just buy a mount that will work with it. Well, the motor is now in the car with a ghetto rigged version of an upper tranny mount because I can't find anyone who makes a mount for an EK to use a cable tranny. Can someone send me a link if they know of one. Or can I just get away with using the lower one only?
Not a great idea, the motor will be rocking and eventually eat up the other mounts.
I don't know of anywhere that makes the tranny mount like that, mostly only RETRO fits i see.

This sounds like the cluster, of all clusters...

Take the cable tranny, put that in the CRX. Use the hydro tranny in your 99. Problem solved.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
why didnt you just swap blocks and leave the trannys in there right cars?

Either im Missing something or even if he just swaped blocks he would still end up with 2 cars with b16's why not just leave them there in the first place? :confused:

I think that's what everyone is wondering. This has gotta be the most confusing swap question ever asked.

umm...i say swap the trannies back...what a waste of a good hydro...i would kill for one...i want a hydro tranny so bad that i would do a swap (if parts were provided) for every active member on the board today.

DISCLAIMER******

That is only if the tranny mounts to an h-series....that is all.

This just doesn't make any sense. To everyone else it's common sense to just swap the tranny's...

There is a nice long story as to why I did what I did, and it does make perfect sense, but I'm not going to tell it all at the moment. Hell yeah it's been some headaches, but it will be worth it all when I'm finished with it all. Oh, and I did find what I need, but it's the damn, cable to hydro kit and the mount, I just need the mount, already have that tranny converted to hydro.

Back