DOHC VTEC Mini's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryanwolfe911

check this shit out, I gotta have one.
03600065.JPG

www.gomini.com

Those are fucking sweet. Anyone know how much a mini weighs to be exact? I'm guessint those things would definitely compete in autox.

look at the other pictures on the website. they even got this new subframe thing for it.

ok nevermind i think its fake now. i saw a picture and it had a AC radiator thing on it and i know if you swaped that you wouldnt have ac. i dont think even the minis had ac in the first place. also the altenator is put hella funny i dont know how that would work.

http://www.gomini.com/fs/vtec/minis013.JPG

look at that header its like burning red. that is crazy

Actually the one in those pictures looks real, I also don't know how the alternator would work, but im sure they rigged somethign up

There is a conversion kit to do this. It is pretty expensive but it would make that thing haul ass. I have even saw on mini with a Hyabusa engine in it.

these cars are not fake or photoshopped. If you checked out the website you would see that. It's a shop in georgia that does all the conversions and sells the cars or they will sell you all the pieces so you can do it yourself. They are a legititmate company, they advertise in Grassroots Motorsports magagzine and I have called them to price out a subframe kit. (which is $3500) They come standard with a a JDM b16a, but you have the option of buying a B18C5 or a B16B for an extra $3000. They use Hondata engine managment to achieve the rather high BHP numbers they are claiming. ( I was a bit skeptical on thier numbers,175 BHP from a atock B16a, Not likley) Until I caled them and they explianed everything. They claim the base model runs 0-60 in 5 seconds flat. If that ain't fast I don't know what is. Imagine if you had one of those, you could own just about every WRX and EVO on the road. and being that they do have Honda engines, the Ideas for performance don't stop there. Imagine one of these fuckers with a fully built motor and a turbo? :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

there would be no room for turbo.. and how does it keep cool? The header looks like it will cook the radiator.

dunno bout the weight but a guy i used to work with, who was from the UK, said him and 4 of his buddies moved another friend of theirs mini out of a parking lot at school and down a flight of stairs so that he was stuck down there so i would be willing to guess less than 550kg.....

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Jan 18 2004, 03:54 PM
these cars are not fake or photoshopped.

True, true, true...there is a a couple shops in the UK that do the swap, and sell kits for it. Lots of work, and money...

vtec2.jpg

Here's one of the shops.

Back