Dohc zc build help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lostinmiself

That Guy....
So i have just finished swapping the zc into my si ef9. it runs 16.6 with stock everything and the pg7 ecu. not i am at a fork. i would like to turbo it..but im not sure if i really need to rebuild the internals. I know it should be able to withstand 8-10psi with the stock internals. But for internals in general i cant really find much. I have 75.5mm vitara pistons in mind, and read the ls rods would work for added strength...but other than that i am lost. I have came to the conclusion that the zc was not mu best move for a swap, but it is there non the less. So any suggestions would be quite helpful.
thanks

I believe that Eagle D16 rods will work, but vitara's will yield an absurdly low compression ratio in a DOHC ZC. You'd be better served getting forged D16 pistons for a high compression SOHC, as that should yield a more reasonable CR and withstand higher HP. There are internals for the dohc ZC. Keep in mind many of it's internals are interchangeable with the D16A1. It's not quite as easy as building a B-series, you just gotta get creative.

humm...because reading some other forums i had came to the conclusion that D16a1 parts did not work....yes i know that the a1 is the usdm version of the zc. so the eagle rods, and some high compression pistons, any specific recommendations on brands>? as for the head a simple port n polish should be sufficent. it only has like 47K miles on the swap...

cp pistons are good. if you are going to turbo then use low comp.; pistons. or you could just turbo and leave the motor stock. just get a good tune and you should be fine. but you need to set a hp goal then go from there.

Back