1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOHC ZC head what block can i use??????

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by zcrex1981, May 4, 2005.

1. zcrex1981

zcrex1981 Junior Member

Ok i have a dohc zc head i was wondering since technically a zc is a d-series motor would i b able to use any or d-series block

2. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

no. You have to use the DOHC zc block too, because as far as I know, thats the only DOHC d-series block out there.

you can almost NEVER put a DOHC head on an SOHC block, or visa versa.

3. 88bluehf

88bluehf Senior Member

4. Dysturbed_90dx_4dr

Dysturbed_90dx_4dr Junior Member

The USDM D16A1 "Brown Top" was also a DOHC but you cannot as far as i know use the ZC head on the D16A1 USDM block. The bolts don't line up i don't think. Also the motor mounts are in a diffrent place on the integra than the civic if you are putting it in the civic.

Dysturbed

5. zcrex1981

zcrex1981 Junior Member

I am using a d15 block there is a thread that had a zc head with a d15b7 block so now i see that it is possible so i am goin to use that. With everyone's opinion i am not too sure if i want to do the swap what is ur opinion if i may ask???

6. msonia03

msonia03 New Member

probly dead thread, but im a new member.

i also have a dohc zc head that is nicely built and recently aquired from a friend. just wondering what block or blocks i can use with it.

7. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

you should have started a new thread - but, 88 and up JDM DOHC ZC head will fit on the JDM DOHC ZC block, but will not work on the SOHC D-series block without a lot of special and time consuming machining - it will also fit on the 86-89 Integra D16A1 block, however, the D16A1 block will not bolt into the 88-91 CRX/Civic chassis without fabricating a custom driver's side engine mount - the D16A1 block also has a slightly different transmission attaching bolt pattern and has a different starter mounting

essentially, for use in the 88-91 CRX/Civic, the JDM DOHC ZC head only works with the 88 and up JDM DOHC ZC block

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted