dohc zc valves loud!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pappaj

I just put this zc into a friends car. When I did the head gasket I removed cams to pull the head and I dropped the rockers out of the head. I noticed they were numbered so I put them in according to cylinder number, then noticed some numbers had more then others like there was more than 4 with number 4 on it and less than 4 with numer 2 on it. I have the motor in and running and the valves are extremely loud. I found a procedure to set them on thezcr.com done by jlicrx. I did that then double checked, but they were still really noisy. I went through procedure again .005" intake and .006" exhaust double checked. They are still very noisy, also when you let of the gas after I rev it a little the rpms drop really fast and it feels like it wants to stall but it will come back quick and idle fine. Somthing is messed up and I am not sure. Please help.

I've had the rocker shafts wear so badly (from not using a quality oil or not changing it) that no matter how many times you would adjust them they clacked.
By any chance, did you do a compression check?
Were the followers really grooved?
Cam lobes?
Valve tips pitted/rounded?
ALL plugs out, attach gauge hose, spin it over with the throttle fully open for a good 10 sec. See gauge..

Or it could just be a split/misplaced vacume line
Just my .02

E

are you checking between the top of the rocker and the camshaft lobe and not the rocker and the valve?

ZCvalveadj-1.jpg

Back