DOHC ZC vtec cast wanted

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

demonboy1300

Ok from research i know now that i cannot just swap a b18 or b16vtec head on my DOHC ZC. but i want to know if anyone has ever made a cast for one or anyone that sells or proffesional does casting, and how much would that cost? like 2,000 or are we talkin like ridiculous amounts of money. i will do just about anythin for a vtec head for my DOHC ZC.

Appreciate it
D

Probably in the ridiculous amount area since you'd need patterns, etc. Plus there's the custom rocker arms, etc.(unless you fit B-series stuff in there).

Why not just drop in a D16Z6 or Y8? The short-blocks are the same dimensions.

DOHC ZC is a D series. DOHC VTEC is a B series. Completely different blocks, why would you want to do that in the first place? Just go buy a B16 complete swap for 1500 bucks and call it a day.

zc

I have a 88 CRX sI and the ZC is sweet and torquey im gonna b boosted in 4 days so im excited but i just really want that vtec

Last edited:
With boost, that VTEC "kick" pretty much isn't there. non-VTEC's with bigger camshaft make about as much or more hp than their VTEC counterparts. D-series-wise, the VTEC valves are actually shrouded by the cylinder walls, so the non-VTEC heads are more efficient at the stock bore size. Also, the non-VTEC heads have less valvetrain mass so there's not as much stress when revving high.

vtec

Beautiful bro than xman lol thats a god point. i never knew that the stock were more efficient i appreciate the info bro
THanx
D

Back