1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOHC ZC vtec cast wanted

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by demonboy1300, May 9, 2007.

1. demonboy1300

demonboy1300 New Member

Ok from research i know now that i cannot just swap a b18 or b16vtec head on my DOHC ZC. but i want to know if anyone has ever made a cast for one or anyone that sells or proffesional does casting, and how much would that cost? like 2,000 or are we talkin like ridiculous amounts of money. i will do just about anythin for a vtec head for my DOHC ZC.

Appreciate it
    D

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Probably in the ridiculous amount area since you'd need patterns, etc. Plus there's the custom rocker arms, etc.(unless you fit B-series stuff in there).

Why not just drop in a D16Z6 or Y8? The short-blocks are the same dimensions.

3. dtob

dtob New Member

DOHC ZC is a D series. DOHC VTEC is a B series. Completely different blocks, why would you want to do that in the first place? Just go buy a B16 complete swap for 1500 bucks and call it a day.

4. demonboy1300

demonboy1300 New Member

zc

I have a 88 CRX sI and the ZC is sweet and torquey im gonna b boosted in 4 days so im excited but i just really want that vtec

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  5. demonboy1300

demonboy1300 New Member

vtec

Because i want more top power and higher rev, plus i love that vtec snap lol

D

6. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

With boost, that VTEC "kick" pretty much isn't there. non-VTEC's with bigger camshaft make about as much or more hp than their VTEC counterparts. D-series-wise, the VTEC valves are actually shrouded by the cylinder walls, so the non-VTEC heads are more efficient at the stock bore size. Also, the non-VTEC heads have less valvetrain mass so there's not as much stress when revving high.

7. demonboy1300

demonboy1300 New Member

vtec

Beautiful bro than xman lol thats a god point. i never knew that the stock were more efficient i appreciate the info bro
    THanx
    D

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted