1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dohc zc with vtec... what should i be boosting?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Rex-a-tronLovagurl333, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Rex-a-tronLovagurl333

Rex-a-tronLovagurl333 New Member

i dont have the motor yet, but hopefully i will soon... also, im gonna do it no matter how hard it is but what exactly would i need to put vtec on a dohc zc? by tha way its gonna be in a 91 crx si...:D but its also gonna be turbo... what should i boost at since zc are high compression? i was thinking 4 but could i go higher????

help!

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

there are no VTEC DOHC ZC engines and no way to make them VTEC - you can boost the stock DOHC ZC to 5-7 psi without any problems - you need to get the right fuel management for any boosted engine

3. Rex-a-tronLovagurl333

Rex-a-tronLovagurl333 New Member

ive HEARD of ppl making zc's vtec but never acually seen one. if you can make a b20 vtec, why not a zc???

4. cv14500

cv14500 Banned

you should boost it at 20 psi for sure it`s not like the engine is going to let go of it is new .

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

There are ZC VTECs; but not DOHC ZC VTECs. The ZC VTEC's are essentially D16Z6s and have different head bolt patterns than the DOHC ZC. The regular SOHC ZC non-VTEC is similar to a D16A6 and also has a different bolt pattern than the DOHC ZC.

6. NickBeam

NickBeam New Member

"for sure" if you run 20 lbs of boost on any stock honda engine it will blow up. Ever heard of floating cylinder walls? Why do you think all the guys running lots of boost have sleeved engines? Do some homework before you give someone advice.

7. dtob

dtob New Member

I think he was being sarcastic.

To the guy who started the thread. Have you tried doing any searching about this topic??

You will spend more money trying to make your DOHC ZC vtec than its worth. Just buy yourself a z6 or something if you want to stay D series and want vtec. If not then keep the ZC and just boost it as is because you will spend too much getting the vtec and not get any hp out of it.

8. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

because all B Series Motors are DOHC. The only D series VTEC motors are single cams so how would you go about putting it on a D series DOHC block? get it?...

9. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

I tried explaining that to this person before they even posted this.. I think he/she must be retarded lol!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted