Dohc Zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just got my ZC motor delivered by a private party. hmm- I got it for $300..Should I suspect that theres something wrong with the motor? How can I tell if theres anything wrong with the motor? I was told that the something pulley broke and I can use my stock SI pulley...oh my gosh~ I got a headache from staring at the engine - I cant think right now- :spin: Oh btw how can I tell what year the engine is?...I would appreciate any suggestions you guyz can give me

It's almost impossible to tell the year of the car without a front clip--even then would be a guesstimate. Do a leakdown and compression test to make sure the pistons and rings are alright.

Originally posted by IRuffPuppee@Jun 16 2003, 06:06 AM
Oh btw how can I tell what year the engine is?...I would appreciate any suggestions you guyz can give me

Look on the front of the hed, under the exhaust manifold, to the leftish, there should be a series of numbers stamped theree. One of them is the year it was cast.

I am about to get a ZC engine. I am probably going to pay $500 for it. Just because you got one for $300 does not mean that there is something wrong with it, just that you got a pretty good deal. But there still could be something wrong with it.

do a compression test and a leakdown test. if the results are good, then at least you know the internals are in good condition. thats the main thing.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 16 2003, 05:11 AM-->
IRuffPuppee
@Jun 16 2003, 06:06 AM
Oh btw how can I tell what year the engine is?...I would appreciate any suggestions you guyz can give me

Look on the front of the hed, under the exhaust manifold, to the leftish, there should be a series of numbers stamped theree. One of them is the year it was cast.

Is that for all Honda motors?

Originally posted by TRuggiero_+Jun 16 2003, 07:55 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 16 2003, 05:11 AM
IRuffPuppee
@Jun 16 2003, 06:06 AM

Is that for all Honda motors?

:blink: :unsure: not 100%

after the compression and leak down test you should replace the basic things, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, clutch, spark plugs, and wires.

I have a DOHC ZC motor and a SOHC VTEC ZC motor as well are those parts interchangeable? i.e. fuel rail, distributer and so on...

I have a DOHC ZC motor and a SOHC VTEC ZC motor as well are those parts interchangeable? i.e. fuel rail, distributer and so on...

i also have a sohc zc and as far as i know there not interchangable

Back