1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dohc zc???

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by hatukazi, Nov 19, 2008.

1. hatukazi

hatukazi ambitious...but rubbish

I have a 90 LX at the moment and have come across a good deal on a DOHC ZC(or the USDM integra version I'm not quite sure yet)

my questions are I have my car hardwired for an OBD1 distributor, and want to know if I can use an OBD0 ECU with that. I have a PM7 90Si ECU but to use the OBD1 I had to ad 2 wires so not sure what I will have to use.

I want to eliminate my jumper harness if I can to keep things simple.
    or if this is not possible is there a proper OBD1 ZC ECU to use, or I'm sure a chipped PO6 should work but I am very leery about buying chipped/ modded electronics.

also will my Z6 intake manifold work?

I am tuning more for a specific sound than for more power, I am trying to make my car sound like the 4AG I cant afford.

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

if the engine is the USDM Integra D16A1, it will not bolt into your car without fabricating a custom driver's side engine mount and making some modifications to the transmission and starter mounting - has your car already been converted from DPFI to MPFI? - you didn't say, but it sounds like you are already OBD1 with a Z6? - you cannot use an OBD1 distributor with OBD0 ECU, or vice versa - the JDM DOHC ZC came in both OBD0 and OBD1 versions - you can run them either way with the right ECU and distributor - if the ZC is OBD0, it uses a TD03U distributor (88-89 Integra) and a separate cylinder sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft - the best ECU for it is the JDM PM7 or you can use the 88-89 Integra PG7 or the 88-91 CRX/Civic Si PM6 - the wiring to the distributor will need to be modified - the JDM OBD1 DOHC ZC uses a TD43U distributor which is only found on the JDM OBD1 DOHC ZC - it doesn't use the separate cylinder sensor on the exhaust camshaft - the sensor is in the distributor and the distributor connects the same as any other OBD1 distributor - the ECU for the OBD1 ZC is a P29 - you can chip a P06 with the P29 fuel and ignition maps - the SOHC D-series intake manifolds will not bolt onto the DOHC ZC head

3. hatukazi

thank you so much, yes I'm already MPFI.
    fabricating mounts is not really an option I'm looking forward to, here's to hoping it's a real ZC.

if/when I get one carbs ae next.

would have repped you but I gotta spread more around...

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

here is our carbed ZC

[​IMG]

5. hatukazi

turns out it's the A1:(
    what needs to be done for the mounts?
    I can trade for my Z6(which I am very dissapointed with)
    how hard/much$$$ is a carb set-up like in your pic?
    my tax refund is looking to be ~$3500
    I'm figuring 2K on suspension Kei Office if at all possible, plus I need new wheel bearings in front and I want discs all around.
    that does leave a little to play around with.

or I might buy my friends dad's mustang so I can drift:ph34r:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted