DOHCVTEC_ACCORD's Accord Restor Project by me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Man that is still a sexy car. We spent a lot of time under that hood. It's good to see her in good hands and not at a junkyard. Congrats man I hope she performs well for you.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Nov 3 2003, 06:53 PM
Man that is still a sexy car. We spent a lot of time under that hood. It's good to see her in good hands and not at a junkyard.

Couldn't have said it better.

And yeah, I would have preferred more stock colors in and out of the engine bay, but hey, it's his car now. As long as he's out there killing ricers and domestics, it's OK by me. :)

you owe me bruce :D

and shit, chris, where's my finder's fee??? lol

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 3 2003, 10:34 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

What do you want? A donation to Hondaswap? :)

im just messing man. don't worry about it

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 3 2003, 10:13 PM
And yeah, I would have preferred more stock colors in and out of the engine bay, but hey, it's his car now. As long as he's out there killing ricers and domestics, it's OK by me. :)

Well, at least the gauges are stock colors again. LOL. Just kidding. I would have liked to have kept the black on white gauge faces but they were malfunctioning. The sad part is I think I put the gas gauge in upside down when I sewed the gauge cluster back up. It's an easy thing to do if you don't pay attention when removing the gauge. Looks like another 1 to 2 hour job to take it out and turn it back around again :eek: Doh! haste makes waste! As far as the red goes, I'm not sure why I like red accents. I may get tired of it and paint the wipers and hood pins black again one day. We'll see ;)

Bruce

Sure, it cost me about $3K in repairs that I couldn't do (core support weld in and out and windshield) and all parts.

However, I get a lot of my stuff wholesale and discounts and got a incredibly great deal on replacing the front core support and new windshield.

Additionally, I didn't replace the airbags, front bumper cover or fenders with painting. If I had done those it would have been another $500 to $600 for airbags off of ebay and install myself, and a new front bumper cover and fenders with new paint on them would have been clost to another $1K

The front bumper cover has some noticible scratches and the fenders have some dents and spots where the radiator fluid ate some of the paint. I'll eventually replace those with something else but for not it's not too bad looking.

Bruce

Originally posted by HONDAPITSTOP+Sep 18 2003, 02:16 PM-->
sohcslammer
@Sep 18 2003, 01:33 PM
Lot's of luck man. BTW I will pay-pal you 5 bux if you take those f*ing horrid altezzas off of the 90 accord dude. Altezzas Rule!!!!!!

Schweet, 5 bucks will buy me a crabby patty at the crusty crab.

Seriously though, I've red/clear tails on order - The altezzas was the first mod I did to the car many moons ago and the stickers are to promote my performance parts resell biz although I may lose the stickers eventually but my 5 year old boy likes to put the stickers on the window :lol: I know the red wipers are rice magnets as well but I like red wipers for some wacky reason.

Bruce

sohcslammer,

You owe me 5 dollerrrrs dewwwwwd ;o)
Bruce

redwhitetails1.jpg

car page

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 3 2003, 10:33 PM
you owe me bruce :D

and shit, chris, where's my finder's fee??? lol

Yes, thanks goes out to you too! :worthy: after all you are the one that told me to buy it in the first place. How about when you go to sell your del sol I post it on the front page of my website for sale until it is sold :) Sound good ???

Bruce

nice job on the restore by the way came out nice good luck with it man now go out and smoke some domestics and ricers and youll be lovin life

Back