doin some work this weekend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90sihatch

Hopefully by this weekend all my parts will be here, and I'm hoping to get it all done at one time. I'm planning on replacing the front conrol arms and wheel bearings, and at the same time I'm installing my AGX's and springs. A friend and me are going to do all of the disassembly ourselves, but I'm bringing the whole hub assembly to my mechanic to have the wheel bearings pressed in. So my question is, how difficult is this job going to be? We have air tools, and have raised and lowered vehicles before, but that didn't require taking the whole hub assembly and control arms off. Is it something that can be done in an afternoon? thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
Hopefully by this weekend all my parts will be here, and I'm hoping to get it all done at one time. I'm planning on replacing the front conrol arms and wheel bearings, and at the same time I'm installing my AGX's and springs. A friend and me are going to do all of the disassembly ourselves, but I'm bringing the whole hub assembly to my mechanic to have the wheel bearings pressed in. So my question is, how difficult is this job going to be? We have air tools, and have raised and lowered vehicles before, but that didn't require taking the whole hub assembly and control arms off. Is it something that can be done in an afternoon? thanks
Dude, i changed my wheel bearing in 6 hours. (Hammer+screwdriver= 5.5 hours)
After the beating scarred the hub, I Changed the hub in 15 minutes.
Everything should be easy, maybe some of the bolts will be hard to loosen (air tools=ok) but i don't see anything else in the way...
Make sure you have a pickle-fork to separate the ball joints.

Back