Doing Pistons In A Ls/vtec B16a2 Head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

14.4civicHB

Im doing pistons in my LS/Vtec. If anyone has any recommendations on any pistons let me know. BRANDS, PRICES, AND WEBSITES

THANX

If you go OEM, go with B16 pistons. Fit with no mods onto B18 r LS rods. Either P30 or CTR pistons will work well. But need to get block honed for oversize to prevent pistons slap.

Kapman
:beer:

Forged + resleeve.

or

uhh CTR?

I always get the OEM replacements wrong. I forget what fits.

Where did you find PR3's for $15 a piece? (I am assuming that you are including machine shop charges of around $40 for pressing the pistons).

Your way done for the cheapest price I can find is
$250 for just the pistons on LS rods with ARP bolts.
$40 a piece for pistons, $40 to have them pressed, $50 for ARP rod bolts.

My way is $800, but you get tougher rods and better pistons plus you don't have to have them pressed.
y0!
:)

i got the pistons w/ rings for 100 bucks. 20 bucks to mount all 4 pistons onto my new rods and bored out for free :) having the HOOKUP rules.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 24 2003, 07:51 PM
i got the pistons w/ rings for 100 bucks. 20 bucks to mount all 4 pistons onto my new rods and bored out for free :) having the HOOKUP rules.

<_<

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 24 2003, 05:51 PM

If I had that kind of hookup, I would be running honda internals still. That is one hell of a deal. My piston price ($40 each) does not include rings.

Back