Doing Rear Disc Swap Tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Baker

ok tonight when i get home I'm going to start to put on my rear disc and shocks and springs. I have a 97 DX coupe and the rear suspension came off of a 2000 integra LS. All I'm using from the integra is the rear trailing arm, hub, rototrs, and calipers correct? I use my upper and lower control arms, brake lines, and compensator arm correct? and yes i did get parking brake cables from a 99-00 ciivc SI.

Heres tonights project
s3eb91e7cb4ab0.jpg

sounds good to me!!
make sure you have ATE blue smurf gizz fluid too- cuz your gonna have to bleed the line

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 7 2003, 10:33 AM
sounds good to me!!
make sure you have ATE blue smurf gizz fluid too- cuz your gonna have to bleed the line

yeah i'll have to bleed them if i can ever get the integra LCA bolts and caliper bolts off. I was expecting trouble from the rotor mounting screws but those came right out. I can't get one of the caliper bolts off and i definantly can't get the lca bolts out

Soak the bolts in WD-40 and wait- if that fails, impact wrenches are your friend. :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@May 7 2003, 01:04 PM
Soak the bolts in WD-40 and wait- if that fails, impact wrenches are your friend. :lol:

i used a whole can on them before work and i had been using the impact gun prior to that, i just tried using a torch and a can of liquid wrench and still no go. I think i may wake up at like 7 tomorrow and head over to my dads mecahnic and have him break all the bolts on the integra suspension loose for me and all the needed ones on my car.

apparently most of the bolts are totally seized, god only knows how. The mechanic said my best bet was to pick up new bushing and he'll help me cut the bolts and press the old bushing out.

Originally posted by Baker@May 8 2003, 11:30 AM
apparently most of the bolts are totally seized, god only knows how. The mechanic said my best bet was to pick up new bushing and he'll help me cut the bolts and press the old bushing out.

Ouch. That sucks. I've never had bolts seize that bad on my car. Are you up north? Maybe that's the difference. We rarely see salt or sand on the roads here in Texas.

yeah, I'm in chicago it snows like 5 months out of the year here ;) Oh well I ordered the energy suspension bushing kit and borrowed a sawsal. I'm going out to the garage to saw apart the integra trailing arms now and as soon as the bushings show up I'll head over and saw the one off my car and get to work pressing the bushings. This is turning into quite a project.

something will always go wrong, or not to plan.. i like to allow for an extra hour or so, longer then i expect.

yeah whenever i work on my car and i say it'll take an hour, it usually takes almost 2. cuz something almost always goes wrong. and my gf is constanlty getting pissed when i say one thing and it is way longer than what i said. ehh, she'll get use to it.

Back