1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

doing the dx to si swap as we speak

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by jpoenitsch, May 18, 2004.

1. jpoenitsch

jpoenitsch Member

wiring up the dx to si when I noticed that there is a sensor of some sort on the back and towards the bottom of the intake manifold with two wires blue/black and black and a plug comming off of it. The plug won't fit anything and I can't find any information on it. It looks like it measures pressure in the intake or something.

I looked at a few sites with pictures of si engines and didn't see this part on most of the manifolds. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate it. Otherwise I will just see if it works without pluggin it into anything.

2. jpoenitsch

jpoenitsch Member

:D So I looked over the diagram for the wiring and I think it is the fast idle control solenoid valve (blue 1 wire). I should connect it to the tandem solenoid control valve (orange wire) off of my dx harness. I am doing the swap as we speak so if anyone has any questions or suggestions let me know.

3. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

the fast idle control valve is on the back/driver's side end of the Si intake manifold - the DX wiring harness does not have wiring for this - do not connect the tandem valve connector to it - the tandem valve connector should be left unconnected - the fast idle control valve is only on 89-91 Si (not on 88) and was added to speed up idle at very low ambient air temperatures - it doesn't do anything until temperature is below -10C (14F) - you don't really need it, so don't connect anything to it and plug the vacuum lines - if you wanted to add wires back to the ECU to use it i could tell you how, but it is not worth the trouble

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted