Dont do this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDMaxGuy

Ok so I changed the oil in my car yesterday... and I got the bright idea to take my used oil to my work (Oreillys) in the container I used to put it in.

Bad Idea number 1. Using a car wash bucket to put your used oil in

Bad Idea Number 2. Sitting it in your front floorboard with nothing covering it up.

Bad Idea Number 3. Slamming on the breaks to stop to avoid being hit by a big truck... (this idea could also be considered a good idea as i did not die)

Well none the less... about 3 quarts of oil spilled into my passenger floorboard... and now my car is stripped... no carpet no seats nothing... im going for the ricer look..

well my question is... does anyone have any ideas on how to get the big stain out... i have gotten it all dried up and everything... i just wanna try to take most the black out... or should i just paint all my carpet black lol

Cliffs Notes...

I fucked up and spilled oil in my car and need to know how to take out the stain.

you should try to clean it before you try and paint it or else paint will not work well

my advice would be the simple green or any dish detergant thats good for cutting grease... i've had lots of luck with dawn...

Simple Green the carpet. Then take it to your local car wash, hang it on the wall where the floormats go, and spray it with the pressure washer... Then vaccuum it and let it dry.

i agree with the simple green idea and high spray pressure wash.

I do have to ask though: did you honestly think that this was a bright idea to begin with, or that didn't even cross your mind

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Dec 6 2004, 12:07 PM
Aircraft Grade cleaning solutions.
[post=427030]Quoted post[/post]​

That will probably ruin the carpet.

Replace carpet. I did this in my Formula Firebird, and I got a seriously high quality carpet for $80. It was big, the honda shouldn't be too bad.

-> Steve

Hmm all those ideas are good... knowing me i will just clean it up best i can and throw it back in... I am gonna do the powerwash thing... lol my mom put cat-litter on it :lol: hoping that would do the trick.... god i love my mom she is so funny...

oh and trinity... it crossed my mind about 35 seconds before i slammed on my brakes... i was like u know what would suck...... SLAM lol

this is why i always dig a hole behind my garage and pour that shyt in and fill her back up. i dunno if its environmentally safe but wutever its a heap back there anyways. i figure it comes from the ground neways :p

u dont even want to know what i do to get rid of tires

Burn them?

:lmao: Castrol Super Clean will probably do the trick.

when i picked up my engine block for my d16 build i had no room in my trunk so i put a tarp on my passenger seat and set the block in my seat and little do i know the dude did not drain the oil like he said he would so after a quick turn the block tipped and a good amount of oil got on my grey seat :( the next day i bought simple green and some carpet cleaner and spraied the shit out of and scrubed the fuck out of it and used a vac at a car wash to suck up simple green and the cleaner. you cant even tell that was spiled oil there

Originally posted by swanny@Dec 6 2004, 06:31 PM
Castrol super clean.
[post=427249]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup, the 'ol purple cleaner works wonders.

Then simple green and pressure wash. I think someone was running a lawn care business out of the back of my old Accord before I bought it. The trunk carpet was seriuzly shizzot. There were grass, oil, and dirt stains across the whole thing, with a little baking soda kicker sprinkled over the whole mess. It must have stunk or something.

I used purple stuff, and let it sit for about ten minutes, then sprayed it off with a hot water hose. I repeated this a couple times then washed the carpet(rolled up) in my home washing machine. You could barely even tell that there was a stain there. It actually looked pretty good for a trunk. B)

Back