Dont know what to pick

which is better choice?

• sell the CRX and get the 24

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

well ive had 2 offers on my CRX, one for $800 and another for $1000 but im unsure if i should sell it. well my friend told me to find him a b16 transmission and i stumbled upon an ad. theres a guy selling a 93 240SX coupe for $1200 OBO with a banged up left rear quarter. which would be a better platform? also does anyone know how light you can get a 240sx? im pretty much looking for something that can handle real well; like in time attacks.

well the 240sx had a swap but when hes selling it hes putting the stock parts in. hes been drifting it from the pics which is probally how the side got messed up. but my car has more miles...218000 with the stock motor. the 240 is around 100000. the people i got the crx from(a sheriff) took the crx to the strip and stuff.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 10 2004, 07:16 PM
i would keep the crx, its fun to drift but those little crxes can be pretty damn quick.
[post=430231]Quoted post[/post]​

yea thats what i was thinking but dont know for sure. im not really a big fan of drifting but from the videos ive seen they are good for them tight mountain courses/touge. i dont know how a crx would fare against it in that kind of course.

I say keep the CRX if you were going to drift I would say 240 but since you will be road racing and auto crossing I say keep the CRX because I have seen battles between Honda and Nissan on road courses and Hondas win most of the time but not all the time. But what do I know just my .02.

I also voted for the crx. They handle really well. They seem to do well on both track (w/an engine swap) and autocross. Building it up should be cheaper and also to maintain. Will this be your only car? I like your theory of how the rear quarter panel of the 240 got damaged. lol.

If the quarter is bad and is beyond repair, figure it's going to cost you atleast $750 to replace and repaint. And who knows what kind of shape the engine is going to be in. I say keep the crx.

alright thanks guys, i will be keeping the crx. i didnt really want to sell it anyways but needed some feedback to make sure which is the better choice.

Originally posted by swanny@Dec 11 2004, 12:41 PM
If the quarter is bad and is beyond repair, figure it's going to cost you atleast $750 to replace and repaint. And who knows what kind of shape the engine is going to be in. I say keep the crx.
[post=430456]Quoted post[/post]​

the quarter is repairable, but it looks like someone keyed it, with a brick, a few times... and threw the brick maybe once or twice. :)

Back