Don't Parallel Park!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zueke

So today I was at Lansing Community College lifting weights, just like I do every Mon - Thurs. When I come out from all the heavy lifting (I benched 220!) I go to disarm my car and notice the number of chirps - 3 - the number of chirps when the vibration sensors go off. Thinking its probably just a door ding and being mildly pissed, I walk around to my door of the car to find the area of my door handle smashed in 2 inches. The rear quarter panel had been rolled into the smash a little, depressing it about .5 inches, and scraped some of the paint off onto the door. The door handle is FUX0R3D with almost all the paint scraped off, and the door itself is not only bent in 2 inches, but also the inside of the door (door jam) is bent in
an inch. Finally, my lock doesn't lock from the outside.

Right now I am looking up what type of collision I have on my car. I am really hoping that it's limited or broad collision and I don't have to play the "car insurance" game.

nope, I don't know as of yet if there are any security cams in the area. I am kinda unwilling to call and ask but I might anyways because if I don't have broad or limited collision then I am screwing myself over because then I will have to pay the deductable (an investigation 2 weeks before the claim would look fishy!)

SO I just tried as I could to see what information I could get out of AAA. My paper records show that I have broad, but I've changed the insurance a few times since then (remove it and add it again on from winter) and I am not sure if the insurance agent put it on again like it should be.

I've decided to call the agent tomorrow and ask about my coverage. I'll also call up the college and ask if they have cameras in the area. Finally, I am going back tomorrow and looking for a truck with my paint on it, and I'll get the plate and sue the sh!t outta them.

pics will come later, as was the case last year when it was nearly totaled.

Called the insurance company today, found out I have broad collision. That means they waive my deductable and I just have to drop it off at the local shop to get it fixed. Now tho I have to figure out what car I will be driving in the time being. Too bad the winter ride is down for the count right now, the Plymouth Duster needs a new carb. But in the mean time I am also going to be putting a 2.2l dodge shelby charger in it. Then I should have 2 fast cars, and one of them is even reliable! ;)

Back