double stage manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamSHIFT

PLUDE
do you have to have your (iab) connected i was told it just makes vtec kick harder an longer if you cap it off:confused:

The IAB is good for power!

It stands for Intake Air Bypass - valve...

At high rpms it opens up a secondary butterfly valve allowing more air to get into your head. If anything, disconnecting this will make you lose power.

yea i thought so but if you remove the vacume hose to it the valve it leaves the butterfly open all the time or no

i dont have an IAB on my car, but i would assume it would not open and remain closed if you disconnected the vacuum. The vacuum is the actual muscle behind opening the valve, there's an electronic solinoid that controls weather the vacuum reaches the valve or not.

so no, it will stay closed.

You will lose power if it is not functioning properly.. either in the high end or low end depending on if you leave it open or closed. It has nothing to do with the activation of VTEC.

Either hook it up properly or buy a single stage manifold. If you want to know exactly how it works the search button is your answer.

Back