Dpfi--->mpfi 911

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1990civic

Old School Imports FTW
In the instructions for the swap found on this site it says, for the distributor wiring, Match up the two white wires, the fat one with the fat one and little with the little. Mine both appear to be the same size?

They should be different sizes, if only slightly so. You could always hook them up temporarily with some twist nuts, then switch them if you throw an ECU code.

the 2 white wires - one is for the igniter and one is for the Crank sensor - the igniter wire is the fatter and is located as shown in the attached picture - if you have already de-pinned them, you can open up the harness back a little ways from the connector and you will find that the crank sensor wire is inside of shielding (kind of like inside a tube) - the crank sensor wire will also have little red hash marks spaced out along its length - you can also check for continuity on the white wires, check between the distributor end and the ECU end at pinouts B15 or B17 (these get connected together inside the harness and become the same wire) - the one with continuity would be the igniter wire

Attachments

• DXtoSiconnector.jpg
    DXtoSiconnector.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 226
i had the same problem at one time i just took a guess and was wrong the first try then swaped them then i was ready to go

Back