dpfi to mpfi conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rpmsir2

Okay guys! I need some help with this one. I just finished my mpfi conversion and the check engine light is on, code 10 (TA sensor). The light was not on before the swap so can't figure what set off the code. I tried swapping the sensor and still the chk light is on. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Originally posted by rpmsir2@May 6 2004, 09:42 PM
Okay guys! I need some help with this one. I just finished my mpfi conversion and the check engine light is on, code 10 (TA sensor). The light was not on before the swap so can't figure what set off the code. I tried swapping the sensor and still the chk light is on. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

The code 10 is the "Intake Air Temperature". The IAT is located on the right (drivers side) side of the intake manifold. It is a little white connector with 2 prongs. It isn't a major concern, just hook it up when you can.

I already hooked up the sensor and even tried changing the sensor and it still pop up with code 10. I pulled out the ecu and also the fuse and when reconnected, still got code 10. I'll try checking the wire resistance next.

Originally posted by rpmsir2@May 7 2004, 12:23 PM
I already hooked up the sensor and even tried changing the sensor and it still pop up with code 10. I pulled out the ecu and also the fuse and when reconnected, still got code 10. I'll try checking the wire resistance next.

a poor connection leading to high resistance in the wire could be the cause so double check the ENTIRE wiring

hmmm, considering you had problems you;re prob not the best person to ask, but how was this swap?
how much did it cost you total? how hard was it? what did you need to get?

just some general questions cause i'm about to start this endevour.(sp)

This was the only code I threw when i did my MPFI swap, however I had an extra plug and I realized that I had the two mixed up, so 15 seconds later I switched the two, and that was it no more code 10.

Originally posted by reckedracing@May 7 2004, 11:05 AM
hmmm, considering you had problems you;re prob not the best person to ask, but how was this swap?
how much did it cost you total? how hard was it? what did you need to get?

just some general questions cause i'm about to start this endevour.(sp)

I hate to post twice however I just saw your question, I did this swap in a weekend. It is not as hard as everyone makes it out to be. You will need to be close to a honda dealer to grab some misc. parts, hoses, and what not. You will need some 18 guage wire, and I used solder just because I like the clean connections. Take your time do a search on this site, in the last two weeks I have posted up a butt load of good link and diagrams, on the MPFI swap. If you follow those and take your time it should only take you a weekend tops. Oh and get a buddy who has worked on a Japanese car to help you if you still feel sketchy on it.

Thanks for the input everyone! I'll check on the resistance when I get a chance. I actually did the coversion in about 8 hours cuz I was double checking all the connections. All my connections look correct other than the code 10, the car runs great & gets better mileage. I'll keep everyone posted.

Back