DPFI TPS and fuel injector questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kdinger

Hi all,

We just bought a 1991 Civic DX (D15B2 DPFI 1.5l engine) which is throwing codes 7 and 16: TPS and fuel injectors. I've got a couple questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

1) TPS: from searching the archives here it sounds like I can use a TPS from any Honda or Acura from 1988 to 2000, but that if it is not from another DPFI engine I'll have to swap the two outside wires. Is this right? If so, what is the cleanest way to do this? Does anyone have a DPFI TPS for sale?

2) Fuel injectors: I checked the resistances across the two terminals on each fuel injector and they are both within spec. Should I replace them anyway because of the ECU code 16? Or are there any other checks to be done?

Thanks, Keith Richards-Dinger

Hi! Welcome to HondaSwap!

I actually have a D15B2 that I just pulled out of an 88 LX, so I might be able to pull the TPS and injectors for you. Give me a few days.. if you're interested.

Calesta said:
I actually have a D15B2 that I just pulled out of an 88 LX, so I might be able to pull the TPS and injectors for you. Give me a few days.. if you're interested.

Wow, that would be great. Let me know how much you want for them and how payment would work. Perhaps I should send payment now, so that you would have it by the time you pull the TPS and injectors? I was hoping to work on this next weekend, but whenever you have time to get to it would be great.

-Keith

I'll be out there today looking for stuff in my garage, so I'll get back to you. Maybe you could PM me a phone number so I could call you later today.

hcivic.com said:
if he can't get you some I can grab a set from the yard on the weekend.

Thanks, but it looks like Calesta will be able to help me. These forums are incredibly helpful. Not only did I get multiple offers of a DPFI TPS (so that I don't have to mess with swapping the wires), but from further perusal of the forums, I'm now fairly sure that my code 16 is not actually the fuel injectors but the main relay instead. I'll verify next time it has trouble starting.

-Keith

Back