Drive Axle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

razma

I have a honda civic 92 lx i am doing a motor swap right now and i ran into a prblem i cant get the driveaxle back in to the transmisson.The alxes will slide in but will not lock all the way in theres like a 1/2 inch gap.Any ideas on how to get them to slide in

push and wiggle... it will settle eventually while you play with it. if not, perhaps you have the wrong axel?

There the right axles there the ones i pulled off the tranny thats now in the car
I will try to move them agian :angry: already tred this for like 2 hours

I've had that problem before, push them in with your hand as far as they will go, hold them there and LIGHTLY tap them with a small sledge hammer, they will go into place easy.

DON'T hit the actual axle with the hammer though- i usually put a piece of 2x4 on the stubborn axle and tap the fugger in gently

rubber mallet, if you flare the end of the spline you won't get the nut back on. Thay ar esupposed to snap in. Not be beaten, sometimes the snap ring doesn't want to center itself. I use bearing grease and work it in underneath the ring into the groove. This will allow you to place it in the center, have it held by the thick grease, and have it snap in.

Back