drivers side seatbelt wont retract

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
went to get in my car (1990 Acura Integra GS) this afternoon and my drivers side power seatbelt (shoulder one) wont retract when i shut the door. i tried slamming door and that didnt help. i also tried looking at the fuse panel under the dash but there is no fuse located there for the seatbelts. anyone know where the fuse for the seatbelts might be at? oh and i also got that awful seatbelt beeping noise staying on too. ive located the source to be somwhere around the glove box. the seat belt clip under the drivers side seat is clipped. also i manually pulled the seatbelt all the way back to where its supposed to be when i shut the door but when i open the door, it will most of the time move to the up (dont know what else postion it would be) position.

anyone know how i can fix this damn thing? thanks for the help all :)

Here is what I did with my 1990 LX Sedan after the passenger side belt would no longer retract:

1) Checked all the electrical connections to make sure it just wasn't a loose wire or something minor
2) Once I had figured it was the motor itself was shot and could not retract the mechanism -- it could slide to the open but it sure couldn't move back for the life of it -- I removed the interior body panel covering the seatbolt retraction assembly.
3) I closed the door and pulled the belt all the way to the closed position. To make it around the final curve it is a bitch but it can be done because the motor should still be clicking enough to help you, if it is seized completely that is whole matter upon itself.
4) To stop the belt from sliding back to the foward position or making the awful beeping noise disconnect the power connection the motor.
5) Take it to your local dealership for repair as safety belts are a life-time warrantied item.

Back