drivers side window stuck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
i have power windows on my 1990 Integra and the drivers side window is stuck down and wont roll up. i know its either the switch or the motor thats bad, but all i need to know if there is a way i can get it rolled up until i can get the new parts to fix it. thanks so much all!!

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jul 12 2004, 12:16 AM
get out those tools and rip appar that door!! Sorry, but thats the only thing I can think of :shrug2:

You'll have to take off your door panel. Hopefully you can get at the bolts that hold the glass in.

Since the motor turns the "regulator", it may be possible to loosen the motor, and crank the window up manually somehow. I'm sure it would take some messing around, but you'll get it. You might try tapping on the motor, and having a friend help lift the window. It might have one last lift left in it. Could be a switch, a wire, a relay, anything. In my experience, it's been the motor.

It's pretty common for those motors to go out, especially on a neglected car. The rubber gets dry and the window drags hard towards the rear while lifting. The special silicone lubricant for that rubber is $15 a tube at honda. Like always, a little goes a long way. :lol:

I bought a new motor and regulator as one unit off of Ebay. Although it's not quite Honda quality, it was only ~$60+shipping. Asking Honda for the same thing is a fucking joke. Roughly $320 for the motor, and $250 for the regulator (in my Accord).

He's buying the switches from me...

Brian I can try to remove the motor from one of the 2 drivers side doors I have... Ill check back in if I can.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Jul 12 2004, 02:22 PM

Brian I can try to remove the motor from one of the 2 drivers side doors I have... Ill check back in if I can.

You're set.

Good luck TPP. :)

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Jul 12 2004, 02:22 PM

thanks bro. let me know!!

When this happened in my blazer I took the door panel off. I took one lead from the battery and one lead from a ground to touch the connections on the motor itself. If it doesn't work one way then reverse the leads. It got my windows up before the rain. I just checked the connections on the switch the next day when I sobered up and cleaned them. It worked fine from then on.

Back