Droping A H23a Tranny In My 94 Accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jaccordan

Hey i am dropping in a H23 tranny in my 1994 Honda Accord LX.

I have 92 Prelude Si that has the tranny and all the parts to convert to manual.

How hard is this swap?

how much would it cost to pay someone to install everything?

Do i need a wiring harness??

What are the dowside of thsi swap?

upsides??

Thanks

Ummm, it's pretty much a direct bolt-in. I know someone who used an F-series auto tranny on an H23 (the reverse of what you're doing), and he had to relocate one of the studs. That may only apply to auto trannies, I'm not sure. But in any case, it's relatively easy, you won't need a new wiring harness (??), the upside of the swap is a stronger tranny and better gearing, and the only downside I can see is you'll see a slightly worse gas mileage since it's more of a sport-geared tranny.

EDIT: Now that I re-read your post, it looks like you're trying to convert from auto to manual, too? I can't help you out too much with that, but there's plenty of posts here that can. You'll at least need the tranny, flywheel, clutch, master cylinder, slave cylinder, fluid reservoir, high-pressure lines, manual pedal assembly, manual console and shifter and shift linkage. There's probably more that you can find by searching the site.

Back