Dropping a 3rd gen B16A2 into my 96 EJ8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Azxster

I just picked up a complete B16A2 from a 99/00 Si, what do I need to drop this into my 96 EJ8 D16Y8? It should bolt up right?

Except I have a few questions... I read that I cannot use the D16Y8 radiator since the B16A2 is different.

How would I save my AC, can I use the Si brackets or do I need a 96 Del Sol AC bracket?

Which ECU should I be using... will a SOHC VTEC ECU work with a DOHC VTEC motor? I have both the P2P and P2T ECU... a conversion harness is like $150 so I would want to avoid that cost if it means chopping the plugs and rewiring or buying a P72 GSR OBD2a ecu.

What else do I need to know about?

You need the rear T bracket to mount the engine into the bay. The rad is a little different but you can use the stocker but just don't get caught in traffic. I'd get an aluminum rad if I were you just to be on the safe side. You will need the proper brackets for the AC from a 99/00 si or the DOHC Vtec Del Sol or Integra. Use the proper ECU for the engine. The P72 would run the engine rich so you wouldn't want that. What you can do is get a chipped OBD1 ECU with an OBD2a to OBD1 conversion harness and run a B16 map on it. This also makes the ecu more tuneable in the future.

Thanks for the replies, the engine is running, need to adjust timing.

The short shifter from seller is hitting against my exhaust, is this normal?

The engine bay feels really hot and the ebrake/shifter console too, but the temperature gauge is fine. Why?

I used the P7J AC bracket with a delsol lower PS bracket... works fine.

Back